Avi Feldman is a curator and writer based in Tel Aviv, Berlin, and Dresden. Feldman holds a law degree and has been a member of the Israeli Bar since 2005. He recently obtained his PhD in Practice in Curating at the Department of Art at the University of Reading in co-operation with the Postgraduate Programme in Curating at the Institute for Cultural Studies in the Arts, Department of Cultural Analysis, Zurich University of the Arts. Among his most recent curatorial projects are Omanut’s NeuLicht Festival for Video Art at Kunsthaus Zurich and KOSMOS Kulturhaus, Zurich (2017); Playing Hide and Law at tranzit, Bratislava (2017); and the exhibition, workshop, and performance series Motions for the Agenda at Artport Tel Aviv (2017).
Avi Feldman is the 2018 Curatorial Resident within the MINI/Goethe-Institut Curatorial Residencies Ludlow 38 program.
All exhibitions, events, and projects carried out at Ludlow 38 in 2018 are organized by the Agency for Legal Imagination, which was conceived and initiated by Avi Feldman. The Agency is an independent organization devoted to the investigation of existing and imagined relations between legal and artistic imagination, and visual and legal activism.
- State Traps
- revenge body politics (the repo man sings for you, the speaking implement reads for filth)
- Due Process
- How to Make a Monument (Dis)appear
- Heat Signature
- Stele Trial
- Exhibit №1: 5846, 5851, and 5852 vs. the Population and Immigration Authority
- We Indict! Unraveling Structural Racism in Germany
- Motions: Film Program
- For Now
- On the Imaginary Domain, Or Who Gets to Be a Person?
- Nancy Hollander / Government surveillance and censorship: the end of free speech in America
- Dead Presidents: A Lexicon of Land, Race and Nation
- Performances: revenge body politics
- The Lucullan Reading Circle
- Tali Keren in dialogue with Ramzi Kassem
- Then indeed there’s got to be, what do I know, something good
- From the Populist Right to Nazi Terrorism: The Case of the NSU and Structural Racism in the US and Germany
- Branding the Dream: Barack Obama, Donald Trump, and the Meanings of America