Clara Meister is an independent curator based in Berlin with a particular interest in language and music. In 2014, she curated the first institutional solo exhibition in Germany of Camille Henrot at Schinkel Pavillon and was a project curator for the Marrakech Biennale MB5. For her collaboration with Sam Chermayeff, Center for Optimism, she was awarded a project grant by the Graham Foundation in 2013. Clara is a co-founder of Soundfair, an exhibition collective whose purpose is to re-contextualize music by exhibiting music as art. She is also a co-founder and editor of the journal …ment and has contributed to various exhibition catalogs and art journals. Clara obtained a PhD degree from HFBK Hamburg on the topic of voice and utterance in art.
Clara Meister was the 2012 Curatorial Resident at Ludlow 38.
- Maria Loboda, The Tempest
- Let’s talk peace! A Dog Republic
- Saâdane Afif, L’S BELLS—The Busker of the Gray Line
- Bo Christian Larsson, The Emperor’s New Thoughts
- Natalie Czech, I have nothing to say. Only to show.
- one and the other are another