Eva Birkenstock is the director of the Kunstverein für die Rheinlande and Westfalen, Düsseldorf. She has curated the independent performance project at LISTE Art Fair Basel since 2015. Previously, she was artistic co-director of Halle für Kunst, Lüneburg (through 2010) and curator at Kunsthaus Bregenz (2010-2016). Eva recently curated exhibitions and performance projects with artists including Alexandra Bachzetsis, Daniel Buren, Maja Cule, Keren Cytter, Alicia Frankovich, keyon gaskin, Gaylen Gerber, and Trajal Harrell, and solo exhibitions with Sol Calero, Amy Sillman, and Studio For Propositional Cinema, among others. She has published texts on Charlotte Moth (Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, 2016), Lea Lublin (Texte zur Kunst, 2015), and Ulrike Müller (Texte zur Kunst, 2014). Eva has (co-)edited KAYA (2016), Art and Ideology After 1989 (2014), Beginning Good. All Good (2013), and On Performance (2012), as well as the artists books Tris Vonna-Michell (2011) and Dani Gal – Chanting Down Babylon (2009).
Eva Birkenstock was the 2014 Curatorial Resident at Ludlow 38.
- Katrin Mayer, Rose Fortune
- Susanne M. Winterling – Empathetic Vision, Dinos, and the Tamer of Horses
- Johannes Paul Raether, Identitecture
- Who Framed Sarah Szczesny?
- A Pattern (since 2014) – Video Essay Exploring Some of the Materialities of the Garment District
- off the record: Rainbow’s Gravity (2014) by Mareike Bernien & Kerstin Schroedinger
- off the record: DE CVRATORIBVS. The Dialectics of Care and Confinement
- 1001 Reality. Sequels for an unfinished novel
- Vertikal Klub
- Protektorama—The World Healing Witch
- Transformella—Institute for Reproductive Futures
- Swarm—Being of the Infected Metropolis
- off the record: Faces, Surfaces and Interfaces – Communities and the Commons
- Pitch Rider by Christian S.