Jakob Schillinger is an art critic and independent curator. In 2012, he was the dean of the School for Worldly Companions at dOCUMENTA (13) in Kassel and curator of Neue Kunst in Hamburg. In 2011, he co-curated the survey exhibition based in Berlin. Jakob has written for various exhibition catalogs and art journals, including Flash Art International, Mousse, October, Texte zur Kunst, and is a frequent contributor to Artforum. He is currently a PhD candidate in art history at Princeton University.
Jakob Schillinger was the 2013 Curatorial Resident at Ludlow 38.
- Jay Chung & Q Takeki Maeda: The Basic Material
- Loretta Fahrenholz — My Throat, My Air
- Nina Könnemann
- Celluloid Brushes: An Anthology of the Filmic Perception of the Artist from 1942 till Today
- Patrick Price, Various Swans
- Helke Bayrle, Portikus Under Construction
- Adrian Jeftichew, Bumerang
- Peter Wächtler, B.A.C.K.