Saim Demircan is a curator and writer based in Berlin. Between 2012 and 2015 he was a curator at Kunstverein München. Previously, he curated a two-year program of offsite projects, as well as an exhibition of works by German artist Kai Althoff, at Focal Point Gallery in Southend-on-Sea. Most recently, he was curator-in-residence at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich. Saim has published on numerous artistic practices. His writing regularly appears in periodicals such as frieze and Art Monthly and he is a contributing editor to Art Papers.
Saim Demircan was the 2017 Curatorial Resident at Ludlow 38.
- Performance of Werner von Delmont, Improvisations on the Bassoon (Proclamation of a missive from a new era)
- Cammisa Buerhaus performs Monica Lewinsky at the Theatre of Dionysus
- Head Gallery with Ruby McCollister, Judgement Now, and Tobias Madison, Red Lace, Moon Unit, Black Comet, Cometh!
- Julia Hahn’s Happy Hour with Cecilia Corrigan, Lorelei Ramirez, and Amy Zimmer
- The Psychopathology of DEATH LOLZ, a talk for the general public by Dr. Robert Laing
- Publication launch of DEATH LOLZ Presents…
- The Rebel performs DEATH LOLZ
- 2000s Re-enactments
- 2000s Runway
- Steit perform The Stick People
- Talk and tour with Saim Demircan, David Lieske, and Matthew Linde
- Talk and tour with Judith Barry and Saim Demircan
- Hollis Frampton, Snowblind
- Talk and tour with Eric Bell and Saim Demircan
- keyon gaskin
- Robot Means Forced Labor
- Steit Night
- Performance by New Noveta