Tobi Maier is a curator and writer based in São Paulo, where he was an associate curator for the 30th edition of the Bienal de São Paulo in 2012. Previously, he worked as curator at Frankfurter Kunstverein in Frankfurt am Main (2006–2008). He holds an MA in Curating Contemporary Art from the Royal College of Art, London and is currently undertaking PhD research in the department of Poéticas Visuais at Escola de Comunicações e Artes, Universidade de São Paulo. He contributes to a variety of journals and lectures frequently. In 2015, he co-founded the exhibition space SOLO SHOWS in downtown São Paulo.
Tobi Maier was the 2011 Curatorial Resident at Ludlow 38.
- Remodel, 2011
- h.arta group with Liz Linden and Jen Kennedy
- Elka & Maria Krajewska present …
- Marty Kirchner, Maya Schweizer & Clemens von Wedemeyer
- CAMMW: Issues in Contemporary Labor Seminar
- H.E.N.S. at Unique Hair Stylists
- GDR Marathon
- On Curatorial Residencies
- Round-table discussion on Józef Robakowski
- Cordeiro & Mon Publication Launch